After watching Parts 1 and 2 of The Roots remake a couple of weeks ago, Leon and I decided to DVR Part 3 and see what was on tv instead (Part 2 had my eyes flowing). After a bit of channel surfing, we decided to watch (well Leon decided, and I agreed, lol) Above the Rim, well because it’s a classic. 30 minutes in (including commercials), and I had 5 thoughts, most of which came in the first 10 minutes:
- How fine would Tupac be in 2016? 1994 Tupac was FOINE.
- The 90’s had so many great classic movies, like Boyz N The Hood, Jungle Fever, Juice, and Poetic Justice, to name a few, that I’ll be sure to show my kids (should they be in my future).
- Leon (the actor, not my bestie) hasn’t aged much. He must be drinking that vampire juice!
- I miss seeing Bernie Mac on tv and in movies. Even as a homeless guy playing some high schoolers on a neighborhood basketball court, he stole the scene. RIP.
- If a movie is playing on cable, why must the cursing be censored?! It just doesn’t make sense to me.
What’s your favorite 90’s movie?